[AUDITORY] PhD studentships at U Memphis CSD

PHD PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT

UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS

SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION SCIENCES & DISORDERS

The University of Memphis, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is actively recruiting PhD students. Full graduate assistantship funding (tuition + stipend) is available for meritorious applicants to pursue doctoral work in CSD at the UofM.

ADMISSION INFORMATION:  https://www.memphis.edu/csd/programs/phdadmissions.php

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Feb 1 for funding consideration; rolling admission

Research Areas: We encourage applications in all areas of research. Faculty research includes remediation of communication difficulties experienced by persons with hearing impairment, the development and improvement of hearing assistive technologies (e.g., hearing aids, cochlear implants), psychoacoustics, central auditory processing, peripheral and central brain physiology in typical and hearing-impaired listeners, aging, cognitive neuroscience, speech perception, stuttering, infant vocal development, origins of language, multilingualism, communication in acquired neural disorders (e.g., dysarthria, aphasia), and normal voice production and voice disorders. Our faculty members are recognized nationally and internationally for their contributions to their respective fields.

For details of our labs and research facilities, visit our research brochure: https://issuu.com/univofmemphis/docs/1718-csd-552_research_brochure_prin

About the PhD program: The School supports and implements highly interactive PhD training, involving close mentorship and student collaboration with faculty both within and outside of CSD. Collaboration fosters networking, research productivity, and diverse methodological training. Consistent with the School’s mission statement, the program places priority on PhD training for post-doctoral study and/or academic positions with significant potential impact in the field of Communication Sciences and Disorders. Students in the PhD program are not required to have or to pursue clinical certification. However, we offer dual degrees leading to the combined MA-PHD and AUD-PHD if a student wishes to pursue clinical training.

For inquiry into the Memphis CSD PhD program, contact Gavin Bidelman, PhD [gmbdlman@xxxxxxxxxxx] or any member of the faculty.

Gavin M. Bidelman, PhD
Associate Professor

The University of Memphis