Re: [AUDITORY] Participation in tempo pedagogy research

If you’ll indulge me, I’d share a funny story.

Many years ago I was studying jazz arranging and the time came to have our pieces played by big band. My teacher was about to start rehearsing my piece and asked me the tempo, expecting me clap or something. But I said, “oh, the tempo is 115 BPM”. He responded, “Sorry, I don’t have perfect tick.”  : )

Good luck with the project!

- Marc
Marc R. Thompson, PhD.
Yliopistotutkija, musiikkitiede
Senior Researcher, Musicology

Musiikin, taiteen ja kulttuurin tutkimuksen laitos (MUTKU)
Department of Music, Art & Culture Studies (MACS)
PO Box 35(M)
FI-40014 University of Jyväskylä
Finland

about me: https://tinyurl.com/j9946dr