[AUDITORY] Job positions at the computational auditory perception group.

Dear Auditory List.

The Jacoby Research Group (Computational Auditory Perception) at the Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics in Frankfurt is looking for a postdoctoral researcher and a scientific programmer. The positions are available until filled, and start dates are negotiable.

The Computational Auditory Perception Research Group uses experimental paradigms—including iterated transmission chains, simulated cultural evolution, and online marketplaces—to explore cognitive processes, cultural transmission and internal representations (e.g. Harrison et al., 2020; Jacoby et al. 2019, Langlois et al., 2021). Many of these paradigms are inspired by machine-learning algorithms (e.g. Markov Chain Monte Carlo, stochastic gradient descent), and often leverage state-of-the art deep-learning models for stimulus generation (e.g GANs and VAEs). We are invested in building new virtual lab technologies to run these paradigms as massive online experiments, and extending these technologies to work with rich modalities such as user-generated audio and video (e.g. Angalda-Tort et al., 2021).  More information about the group can be found here: https://www.ae.mpg.de/jacoby-research-group

Positions (https://www.aesthetics.mpg.de/jobs-jacoby):
(1) We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher with experience in both independent research and scientific coding. The position entails both the development of new virtual lab technologies and the application of these to novel research in the cognitive sciences. The balance of these research desiderata can be adjusted depending on the applicant’s skills and interests. Details here.

(2) We are searching for an experienced full stack programmer with passion for research technologies.
Details here.

Nori Jacoby

Max Planck Group Leader, “Computational Auditory Perception”

Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics

Grüneburgweg 14, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany

nori.jacoby@xxxxxxxxx +49 69 8300479-820