Re: [AUDITORY] loudspeakers for localization experiment

Dear Sathish,

we've used in the past coaxial speakers, where the tweeter is mounted in the middle of the woofer, such as the Equator D5 or the more classic Tannoy (there are several models now with this configuration, such as the 609 or the Gold 5). We are currently creating a new setup using custom cabinets with full-range drivers such as the Peerless 830987, which are reasonably flat in frequency response (depending also on the cabinet design you chose) and go down to 50-60Hz on paper (in reality you won't really have much below 100Hz). If you are located in the UK and are interested in custom cabinets I suggest you contact https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk - maybe they also ship overseas.

I hope this helps

Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali