Re: [AUDITORY] Listening to your tinnitus?

Somehow related, although it is not as counscious listening as Dr Gygi initially mentioned, but while sleeping:

"The Levo System, an FDA-cleared medical device, is designed to mimic the specific sound of a patient’s individual tinnitus, the system’s developer, Otoharmonics, announced. The patient is instructed to listen to the Sound Match nightly through custom-fit ear buds while sleeping. Over time, according to Otoharmonics, the brain is said to naturally learn to “ignore” the tinnitus sound,  to improve the patient’s quality of life."

Jaime Serquera, PhD
Teaching Professor

En martes, 3 de agosto de 2021 06:19:06 CEST, Brian Gygi <bgygi@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

I have had tinnitus for over 30 years, and just recently I found a method that actually mitigates it to some extent (as opposed to masking it).  It involves listening to my tinnitus, separating out the tonal components.  I find when I do this, the tinnitus lessens noticeably in severity, and becomes highly lateralized.

I have not found anything on the Web relating to this, so I was wondering if anyone on the list knew of any research or therapies in this area.  It has a lot of advantages: it's non-invasive, easy to implement and free!

Many thanks,

Brian Gygi, Ph.D.