[AUDITORY] SONICOM project - updates

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

I’m sending this email to give a brief update on the EU-funded SONICOM project, which looks at immersive audio research for exploring, assessing and, possibly, transforming auditory-based social interaction and communication in AR/VR.

We have now launched our website - https://www.sonicom.eu/ - where you can find information about the project, about the partners, about the publications and planned studies, and about project vacancies. Considering the latter, there are three research posts currently advertised on the website, one in the UK and two in Austria - please find more information here:

We are very happy about one of our partners having already published a study on the sensitivity analysis of a parametric pinna model, which can be found here:

And we’ll be chairing a special session on HRTF personalisation at the upcoming I3DA conference (https://www.i3da.eu/).

You can also follow the project on Twitter - https://twitter.com/sonicomproject

Feel free to get in touch if you have any question/idea/interest!!

Best
Lorenzo and the SONICOM consortium

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali