[AUDITORY] Postdoc in music, timing and EEG - University of Birmingham

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for a postdoc (12 months) to work on a project funded by the UK’s Arts and Humanities Research Council entitled “Embodied Timing and Disability in DJ Practice”. The 18-month interdisciplinary project is investigating temporal processes in disabled and non-disabled DJs. The aim of the research is to combine methods in music cognition, cognitive neuroscience, philosophy of mind, dance music studies and disability studies to enhance our understanding of the embodied dynamics of DJ skills.

We are seeking to appoint a candidate holding or being close to completing a PhD in Music Cognition, Experimental Psychology or Cognitive Neuroscience or equivalent, and an ability to independently use EEG to study the human brain, including setting up experiments with standard experimental software, recruiting participants, running experiments, data preparation and analysis.

Application deadline is November 3rd. For more details, please go to:

https://bham.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=210001SX&lang=en

Best wishes,

Maria Witek

--

Dr Maria A. G. Witek

Senior Birmingham Fellow

Department of Music

School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music

University of Birmingham

Birmingham B15 2TT

Room 106 Ashley

Email: m.a.g.witek@xxxxxxxxxx