[AUDITORY] Looking for participants for music-psychology experiments

Hello Auditory List

I have two students running online music-cognition experiments and I'd much appreciate anybody who'd take the time to participate. All adults currently in the USA are welcome. The first experiment is exploring the emotional qualia of different chord progressions, while the second has to do with the quality of musical mixes (a really understudied field). Each experiment will take about ~30 minutes of your time.

Please participate, and/or pass this along to anybody who'd be interested! The official recruitment calls are posted below.

Thanks,

  1. We are looking for volunteers to participate in an online experiment we are conducting concerning the quality of mixes in popular music. We’d love it if you would be willing to help us out! The study should only take about 30–40 minutes of your time. Unfortunately, there would be no compensation to you, other than the good feeling of helping science!

    Only adults (18 years or older) who are currently in the USA may participate. If you meet these criteria and are interested in participating, please navigate to ccml.gtcmt.gatech.edu/Mixing/interface.html. When you first navigate to the page, it might take a few seconds to preload the audio files---please be patient! If you have any questions or problems, contact Rosa Westfall at rwestfall6@xxxxxxxxxx.

  2. We are looking for volunteers to participate in an online experiment we are conducting concerning the emotions expressed by different chord progressions in popular music. We’d love it if you would be willing to help us out! The study should only take about 30–40 minutes of your time. Unfortunately, there would be no compensation to you other than the good feeling you’ll get from contributing to science!

    Only adults (18 years or older) who are currently in the USA may participate. If you meet these criteria and are interested in participating, navigate to ccml.gtcmt.gatech.edu/ModalHarmony/interface.html. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Matt McMullen at mmcmullen7@xxxxxxxxxx.

Nat Condit-Schultz
Rosa Westfall
Matt McMullen
School of Music, the Georgia Institute of Technology