Music-processing in hearing-aids

I am working on the problem of music-perception of hearing-impaired
people.  I know that there exist several instrument-playing or music
enthusiastic people with hearing-disorders, who are wearing hearing aids, but
are not satisfied with the existing processing algorithms (which  mainly
regard to speech-processing)

I want to find out systematically, which sound parameters in
different musical signals are most relevant for good sound perception
(for the different kinds of hearing disorders) and thus create a
kind of <musical audiogramm>, which should try to optimize the processing
parameters of the hearing aid.

Did anybody of you experiment with the perception of musical signals
by hearing-impaired (with or without hearing aids) or do you know
articles on this topic ?
If yes could you tell me about your experience ?

Bernhard Laback
a7321nam@pcserv.univie.ac.at