Re: Perception of short duration sounds

We have published a series of papers on temporal integration of loudness. These
papers may be interesting to you.

Buus S (1999) Loudness functions derived from measurements of temporal and spectral integration of loudness. In: Rasmussen AN, Osterhammel PA, Andersen T, Poulsen T (eds) Auditory models and non-linear hearing instruments. Taastrup, Denmark, GN ReSound, pp. 135-188.

Buus S, Florentine M, Poulsen T (1997) Temporal integration of loudness, loudness discrimination, and the form of the loudness function. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 101:669-680.

Buus S, Florentine M, Poulsen T (1999) Temporal integration of loudness in listeners with hearing losses of primarily cochlear origin. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 105:3464-3480.

Florentine M, Buus S, Poulsen T (1996) Temporal integration of loudness as a function of level. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 99:1633-1644.

Florentine M, Buus S, Robinson M (1998) Temporal integration of loudness under partial masking. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 104:999-1007.

Hope this helps.

Søren