Re: Bite-induced pitch shift?

In part, it may have to do with perceived resonation properties.  I tend to
suspect that the major cause is tightening of the eardrum and alteration to the
size of the outer and middle ear spaces.  Since I wrote my original response to
this question I have done a few experiments with a piano.  As a tuner I have
experimented with hearing beats while setting a tempered octive.  When clenching
my jaw I tend to either completely lose the beats I can normally hear or they
sound as though they have nothing to do with the actually notes usually being
far faster than would be expected for the pitch change.

Tom

Tom Brennan KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP R/D - AU
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html