MRI data on nasals

Hi all,

I am working on nasals manner and place recognition using acoustic
parameters for nasals. In this respect I wanted to model the oral and
nasal cavities during the production of nasals by using the area functions
for the oral and nasal cavities obtained by MRI technique. I hope that
such computational modeling will help me get insights into the possible
acoustic features for the purpose.

Does anyone know of any work on MRI data (area functions for the oral and
nasal cavities) during the production of american english nasals /m/, /n/
and /ng/ or any other works on imaging the nasal tract. Any pointers would
be helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Tarun
Tarun Pruthi
Graduate Research Assistant, ECE
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
Room 1301, A V Williams Building
University of Maryland, College Park
MD 20742
Email: tpruthi@glue.umd.edu