Re: ear canal length

David,

I don't have any specific papers to cite, but a few comments

While not a direct measure of ear canal length, there is a lot of data on
the resonance of the ear canal as measured via a probe microphone system.
This Real Ear Unaided Response (REUR) clearly shows smaller ears have higher
frequency REUR peaks.  Richard Seewald's group has a lot of REUR data on
very young children. http://www.uwo.ca/nca/about.htm

If you look at tympanometry one of the measures reported is ear canal
volume.  Again, not a direct measure of length, but related.

Finally, a group at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary was doing some work
with laser measurements of Tympanic Membrane movement and may have some data
on ear canal length.

Best Regards,

Brad Ingrao, M.S.Ed. CCC-A, FAAA
Editor
EDEN - The Electronic Deaf Education Network
www.bradingrao.com
e-mail: info@bradingrao.com