Yet again on hearing aids

[resending - accidentally sent as personal mail last time - sorry Al!]

 In my opinion, you can NEVER have too much data!

 A rushed audiometric test covering the basic legal minimum of points is unlikely to give you enough data to fine tune an aid.
 The subsequent trial-and-error cycle could take ages, because of the inaccurate starting point.
 Additionally, this allows the dispenser to fit a clunky aid with few settings.

 Sure, a theoretically perfect setting, using a fully-featured aid, REM etc might in fact need adjusting for the individual - but at
 least you have the scope, aid and equipment to do that fine tuning.

 regards,

 Richard

---