Re: Sensimetrics' Headset Listening device

Peter,

You are right that pinna-related spectral notches would not be preserved
through
a headset array. But in terms of enhancing speech-to-noise ratio
through spatial filtering, the loss of directional filtering from the pinna
would be more than compensated by the directivity of the array.

Loss of pinna cues may be more important for localization, especially in
the vertical
plane. Noble, Byrne and colleagues at NAL have documented such effects with
different types of hearing aids.

  Patrick M. Zurek
  President

  Sensimetrics Corporation