Re: Difference between cognition and perception?

My Digital Webster says:

perception: awareness of the elements of environment through physical
            physical sensation interpreted in the light of experience
            quick, acute, and intuitive cognition

cognition:  the act or process of knowing including both awareness and

Webster's New World Dictionary says:

cognition:  the process of knowing in the broadest sense, including
            perception, memory, and judgement.

I'm sure there are more useful and precise definitions.