[Fwd: Re: Difference between cognition and perception?]

Would it be better to use a model that included a definition of
perception or cognition as part of its raison d'etre?

Ecological perception for instance? My (somewhat naive) understanding of
the Gibsonian model might consider perception as an order above the
enivironment and the organism. If so, then  could/would cognition might
be considered internal to the organism.

I'm still trying to get down my own understanding of the Gibson stuff
actually.

Christian Kaernbach wrote:

Oh, let's make it a pun and turn this sentence to:
       My opinion is that information processing models
       are not very useful concepts
       in the study of perception and cognition.
;-)