[no subject]

Dear Lists:

Question:

In regards to Tip Links and Side Links:

What is the current thought among you about calcium depletion during menopause affecting the functioning of TLs and SLs of the cochlea.  We know that low calcium damages these structures.  I also know through my patient's reports that women going through menopause begin to have perceptual problems even in the face of normal hearing.  Does anyone know of any connection or would like to comment on a possible link?

Barb Reynolds
Clinical Audiologist