Von: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA] Im Auftrag von Leon van Noorden
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. April 2004 09:46
An: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
Betreff: Re: absolute pitch

Annemarie,

I completely agree with you that verbal labeling of the aboslute pitch categories is only one stage in the perception process. These labels depend on what you have learned when you were young. I see it more as a way to access the outcome of the absolute pitch processor. It would be interesting to know what are the labels the animals attach here. What do they imagine when they hear a certain absolut pitch object?

Do they "see" a big or small ape? or a "red" or "green" goldfinch?

Leon