Pitch saltation

About 30 years ago I tried to get the saltatory phenomena with pitch while I was on sabbatical at Haskins Labs. To my (pretty poor) ears it seemed to work but when I sent tapes to Geldard the folks in his lab, listening more critically, said that the effect was unconvincing. I had no equipment to pursue it at that time and dropped the effort. However, it seems to me that it should work. After all, Geldard got the effect on the retina (!) so why not on the cochlea?

Jim Jenkins