Re: Training / talent / AP and vowels

Kevin Austin wrote:

I have met "hopeless" people who can 'discriminate' but
not label. ("They are different, but I can't tell you how.)
This can be confirmed from population studies of frequency JND in the
studies of Merav Ahissar and her students. Frequency JNDs are worse
(higher) when subjects have to answer higher/lower than when they have
to answer same/different.
   Eli

Israel Nelken
Dept. of Neurobiology
The Alexander Silberman Institute of Life Sciences
Edmond Safra Campus, Givat Ram    | Tel: Int-972-2-6584229
Hebrew University                 | Fax: Int-972-2-6586077
Jerusalem 91904, ISRAEL           | Email: israel@md.huji.ac.il