auditory localization

Hi,
I am a PhD student and my research project is on the use of localization
cues (ILD and ITD) in the  horizontal plane.  My set up consists of 11
speakers arranged at 18 degree intervals from -90 to +90 degrees in the
azimuthal plane.  Currently, I have tested normally hearing subjects, and
will soon be testing hearing aid users and cochlear implant users.
Recently, an issue has been brought up as to the number of speakers that I
am using, with the suggestion being made that better results could be
measured if I used more speakers.  My question is does anyone know how many
speakers are necessary to accurately measure the average localization error?
 How many speakers are enough?
Thank you,
Elyana

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger