From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA] On Behalf Of Automatic digest
processor
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 11:00 PM
To: Recipients of AUDITORY digests
Subject: AUDITORY Digest - 8 Jul 2004 to 9 Jul 2004 (#2004-157)

There is one message totalling 72 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Central auditory processing disorder

Date:    Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:10:23 -0400
From:    neuronet <neuronet@CYBERONIC.COM>
Subject: Re: Central auditory processing disorder

For more information:

do a google search for

Scientific Learning - the company that developed Fast Forward

Fast Forward - a computer program addressing listening skills

In my own work (NeuroNet Therapy Program), I used a neural network
approach to remediation of auditory information processing disorders.
NeuroNet uses rhythmic integration of vestibular, auditory and visual
perception to increase neural synchrony in the neural representation of
perception and movement.

for more information:

www.neuronetonline.com

Nancy Rowe, M.S., FAAA, CCC/A

On Jul 8, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Al Bregman wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> A woman who lives in Toronto contacted me recently about her
> child who has been diagnosed with central auditory processing
> disorder.  The audiologist who diagnosed the child recommended a
> six-week program, sold and administered by the audiologist
> herself, called the "Fast Forward" program.  Because of the cost
> of the program, the mother wanted an objective opinion concerning
> the program, and any other information that is available
> concerning the treatment of this disorder.  I told her that I was
> not well versed in this field, but that I would put her question
> to the AUDITORY list and that maybe one of the members could give
> her some advice.  If you are willing to do so please sent an
> e-mail to her with a copy to me.  Her coordinates are as follows:
>
> Tejinder Virk
> Tel: (416) 931-9755
> Email: tkvirk@sympatico.ca
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

> Albert S. Bregman, FRSC
> Emeritus Professor
> Psychology Dept., McGill University
> 1205 Docteur Penfield Avenue
> Montreal, Quebec
> Canada  H3A 1B1
>
> Office:
>      Voice: +1 (514) 398-6103
>      Fax:     +1 (514) 398-4896
> Residence:
>      Voice & Fax: +1 (514) 484-2592

End of AUDITORY Digest - 8 Jul 2004 to 9 Jul 2004 (#2004-157)