IFMR - research funding possibility

[I apologize in advance for any duplicate postings.]

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to you at this time to make sure that you are aware of the availability of a fabulous funding source for research in our field.  If you are not aware of the International Foundation for Music Research, I hope that you will visit their web site (http://www.music-research.org/) and consider submitting a proposal.  IFMR will fund research for periods of one, two, or three years in amounts ranging from $20,000 to $100,000.  The organization was a sponsor for the 8th International Conference on Music Perception & Cognition, hosted here at Northwestern University at the beginning of August.  As conference organizer for ICMPC8, I can tell you that their generous support was a crucial component in the success of the conference.

For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the Request for Proposals document.  If you have any general questions about IFMR or more specific questions about the proposal process, you can contact an IFMR representative at: IFMR@music-research.org.

Best wishes,
Scott Lipscomb, ICMPC8 Conference Organizer
Associate Professor, Music Education & Music Technology
Northwestern University

Dr. Scott D. Lipscomb, Associate Professor
Northwestern University School of Music
(847) 467-1682
lipscomb@northwestern.edu
complete contact info available at: