Re: Spectrogram of formant transition

Try Malcolm Slaney's auditory toolbox. You find more about it on the
auditory list.

Pierre Divenyi

At 10:18 AM 8/30/2004, Pawel Kusmierek wrote:
Dear list,

I need to prepare several figures showing greyscale spectrograms
(sonograms) of vowels and consonant-vowel pairs showing formant
transitions (those typical 'ba', 'da', 'ga' etc.).

I thought it was pretty easy, I recorded my voice and tried to make a nice
looking spectrogram.  I used Adobe Audition, Praat, Audacity and a trial
version of Richard Horne's Spectrogram and never got a clear looking
picture, though I played with various FFT sizes, dynamic ranges, etc. Can
you please advise me on correct settings? Or at least show me the proper
direction?  Thanks in advance,

Pawel Kusmierek

Pawel Kusmierek
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
ul. Pasteura 3
02-093 Warsaw, Poland
phone: (+48 22) 58 92 388
fax: (+48 22) 822 53 42