Re: Audibility of fire alarms

From: "Brad Ingrao" <info@bradingrao.com>

Does anyone of any research that identifies the acoustic characteristics
needed to arouse people from sleep.
Possibly The Roar of a Lion?
Or the "White Shark" soundtrack?

Sorry, could not resist ;-).

To supply some Information from my own experience.
When i get used to my alarm-clock sound i can ignore it. So it should be a
very unfamiliar sound. And the second thing: It should be heavily arranged
in the 1-4kHz frequency range. And additionally Harmonic Distortion helps
signals to be louder recognised as they are.

Regards,
Hermann.

Best Regards,
Brad Ingrao, MSEd, CCC-A, FAAA

Editor

EDEN - The Electronic Deaf Education Network

info@bradingrao.com

 _____