Perception position at Wisconsin

Please note that this position includes any modality, any method, any species. Questions? Please feel free to send email to me. -- Keith

The Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin - Madison announces a potential Assistant or Associate Professor position in Perception, Action, and Attention to begin in August, 2005. We seek the finest researchers and our emphasis is upon scholarly distinction independent of specific research area, species, or method. Candidates using traditional approaches, as well as candidates with developmental, computational, and neuroscience expertise are encouraged to apply. We are always seeking to enhance our graduate offerings in quantitative/statistical methods in conjunction with hiring in any substantive research area. However, candidates without such interests will also be given full consideration and should not hesitate to apply. To ensure full consideration applicants should be received by January 3, 2005. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. In addition to excellent collegial and facility resources within the Department, faculty will have the opportunity to capitalize on an extraordinarily productive network that links Psychology to specialized research units on campus. These units include the Harlow Primate Laboratory and Wisconsin Regional Primate Center, the Neuroscience Training Program, the W.M. Keck Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, the Institute on Aging, and the Waisman Center, an interdisciplinary center devoted to human development, developmental disabilities and neurodegenerative diseases. Visit our website http://psych.wisc.edu/ to learn more about the Department of Psychology and related units. Applicants should send a CV, reprints or preprints, a statement of research and teaching interests. Three letters of reference should be sent. Senor applicants should submit a list of references whom we might contact. Send materials to: New Personnel Committee, c/o Carol J. Allen, Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1202 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53706-1696. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applications must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. The University of Wisconsin-Madison is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply

Professor Keith R. Kluender
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin
1202 West Johnson Street