[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Emmanuel Vincent: MIREX 2005 call
Dear List -
The Music Information Retrieval community is planning to stage a
second set of common evaluations this year, after a very successful
initiative at last year's ISMIR. Please see the attached announcment
and call for proposals.
------- Forwarded Message
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:08:27 +0000
From: Emmanuel Vincent <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: MIREX 2005 call
MIREX 2005 2nd Annual Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange
September 11-15, 2005 London, UK
CALL FOR EVALUATION TOPICS
DEADLINE January 16, 2005
The 2nd Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange will take place
during the 6th ISMIR Conference in London, UK, September 11-15, 2005.
The goal of this contest is to compare state-of-the-art algorithms and
systems relevant for Music Information Retrieval. We aim at MIREX to
represent the vast and multidisciplinary field of MIR, including
symbolic, audio, and other subdisciplines.
- - Evaluation topics will be proposed by the participants.
- - Evaluation procedures and test collections will be agreed among the
- - Partial test data will be made available to the participants for
algorithm fine tuning.
- - Evaluation of submitted algorithms will be performed by the MIREX
- - Results will be presented during a poster and a panel session.
As a first step, we are issuing a call for evaluation topics. Calls for
evaluation procedures and for participation will follow. Interested
individuals are invited to join the MIREX mailing list at
https://mail.isrl.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/evalfest to receive these calls.
For more information, please see the ISMIR 2005 website at
Submissions of evaluation topics should include:
- - a title
- - a short description of the problem to be addressed (data and query
type, expected results),
- - a list of possible participants (names, email addresses, and
likelihood of entering),
- - suggestions for evaluation procedures (metrics, listening tests, etc),
- - suggestions for relevant test collections (including how they might be
obtained and possible copyright issues).
Proposals should be submitted to J. Stephen Downie at email@example.com
(MIREX General Chair) and Emmanuel Vincent at
firstname.lastname@example.org (MIREX Local Chair) by January 16, 2005.
The MIREX organizing committee will retain all proposals, score them
according to their likelihood of being held and publish them on the
MIREX mailing list and web site. All willing participants will have
until February 20, 2005 to amend the proposals. Then the MIREX
organizing committee will review the amended proposals and select the
ones that will be held.
We are looking forward to your contributions !
The MIREX organizing committee.
------- End of Forwarded Message