Re: Do deaf humans (CI users) like music?

Robbin, that partly obviously has to do with your definition of "deaf".
Deafness is much like blindness in that very few people are either totally deaf
or totally blind.  By deaf do you mean congenitally totally deaf persons?  If
not, the question is very much confounded by the auditory variable.  If you do
indeed mean totally deaf there is a fairly small population to work with.
Clinically speaking, I have found anyone congenitally totally deaf regardless of
when implanted to gain far less benefit from implants although the younger seems
to be the better.  However, I have seen only a few of such people and have only
communicated with a few more beyond that.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html