Re: AUDITORY Digest - 3 Mar 2005 to 4 Mar 2005 (#2005-41)

Tom,

Eero is right.

Compress, vs. limiting, works even better when applied in several bands.

Fast attack (1 sample, 0 delay) and exp decay is good, psychophysically
speaking.

3 bands may be enough (2 work) and more can be a problem as many tend to
flatten the spectrum, which is not a good feature.

We need more research on this question, actually.

Jont Allen

Automatic digest processor wrote:
There is one message totalling 27 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Safety Switch