[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Travel scholarships for Asilomar 2005
- To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Travel scholarships for Asilomar 2005
- From: Stuart Rosen <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:26:07 +0100
- Comments: To: "Brian C.J. Moore" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, David Moore <email@example.com>, Huw Cooper <Huw.Cooper@uhb.nhs.uk>, "G. O'Donoghue" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Quentin Summerfield <email@example.com>, Rob Morse <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bob Carlyon <email@example.com>, Patrick Boyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jane Bevan <email@example.com>, Andrew Faulkner <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Johanna Barry <email@example.com>, EAR-MAIL@jiscmail.ac.uk
- Comments: cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue May 10 06:29:36 2005
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-to: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
As has been done every 2 years since 1999, Defeating Deafness (a UK charity)
has agreed to provide some financial support for a small number of
U.K.-based Ph.D. students to attend the 2005 Conference on Implantable
Auditory Prostheses at Asilomar, California, 30 July-4 August:
A total of £2000 is available, which will be split among 2-4 candidates.
Clearly, the amount available will not cover the total expenses, but should
provide an important supplement to other funding.
Those eligible to apply are Ph.D. students and recent post-doctoral students
at UK institutions. Preference will be given to candidates involved in
cochlear implant research or attached to a cochlear implant programme.
Please send applications to me by email on or before 16 June. A decision
will be made by 31 May. They should include a brief CV, a statement of
research interests, a statement of the potential benefits of attending the
conference, and a supporting letter from the supervisor or current "boss".
It is a condition of the funding that a brief report be sent to Defeating
Deafness after the conference.
If you are considering applying, I would appreciate a short message right
away so I can gauge the demand.
Please forward this message to anyone you think might be interested.
Stuart Rosen, Ph.D.
Professor of Speech and Hearing Science
Dept. of Phonetics & Linguistics
University College London
4 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2HE
Tel. (44 20) 7679 7404
Fax. (44 20) 7383 0752