How to create apparent continuity of a tone without increasing the loudness of the white noise about 20 times as that of the tone?

Dear list,

I would like to create the auditory illusion "apparent continuity". The
structure of my tone is: 350ms tone (A) - 25 ms burst of a white noise (B) -
275 ms tone (A). A is a 440 Hz pure ton.

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to create an apparent continuity
of the tone A without increasing the overall amplitude of the white noise
about 20 times as that of the tone? Or is it a strict condition to enhance
the loudness to create such an auditoy illusion effect? Or is it a strict
condition to enhance the loudness if you want creat such an auditory
illusion effect?

Best, Annekathrin Weise.

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail