Re: Directional characteristics of the human voice

Hi Angelique,

Prof. Angelo Farina and his team are doing research on that area. They
recently published at the 118 AES Convention in Barcelona, a paper about
directional characteristics of the voice inside cars, presenting several
manequins with loudspeakers attached.

The paper is:

"Balloons of Directivity of Real and Artificial Mouth Used in Determining
Speech Transmission Index", preprint 6492

He use to publish his paper on his website:

http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Public/Papers/list_pub.htm

However, that paper is not there yet, but I'm sure you can find
other interesting material about the topic there, or ask him for a copy.

Regards,

Sergio

Sergio Rodríguez Soria
Signal Processing Laboratory
Polytecnhic School of the University of Sao Paulo
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto tr.3, 158
CEP 05508-900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil