Re: AUDITORY Digest - 15 Jun 2005 to 16 Jun 2005 (#2005-116)

Angelique,

I remember Jyri Huopaniemi's Ph.D. thesis which had some polar plots of
directivity of the mouth for a head, torso, and mouth simulator (one of
B&K's if I'm not wrong).  He also proposes a clever method utilising the
reciprocity principle to carry out measurements on the dummy. However a
fundamental difficulty with those data IMO is that it is not possible to
modify the shape of the mouth simulator of the particular dummy for
different sounds that a real human mouth produce.

The address is:

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/publications/files/theses/huopaniemi_dt.pdf

Best,
Huseyin Hacihabiboglu, Ph.D.