To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: Quantitative measures of hearing impairment?

Hi,

I am looking for a quick way to assess how much difficulty a hearing impaired patient has, based on audiometer results.

As part of this I have downloaded the SII software from sii.to
Can I use it to "score" a patients hearing loss, by ignoring the noise fields and simply entering the dbHL losses?

Is there are meaningful connection between the SII value and the hearing impairments scores given by the techniques such> What do YOU use to get a numeric value for a patients hearing impairment?

Is there now a single recognised algorithm to derive a hearing loss measure from dbHL values?

Thanks!

regards,

Richard