Boosting environmental noise detection with a parabolic sound mirror?

Hi,

I want to frequency analyse the [non-directional] ambient noise in a rural setting.

However I suspect that my high quality - but small - microphone will not be sensitive enough.

If I use a, say, 1 metre, parabolic dish as a sound collector focussed onto the mike, will I get a boosted signal?

If so, will it still have the same frequency response as the mike ... or will diffraction etc effects change the response?

Thanks,

Richard