Does noise mask exist in rat primary auditory cortex?

Dear all,

I am a ph.D student with electrophysiology backgroud, and want to test
some psychoacoustic phenomena in primary auditory cortex of rats.
When a noise was inserted into the middle of a tone, human or
non-human primates still percept as a complete tone.  I am wondering
whether anyone performed such experiments in rats testing with
single-unit recording, or rats do not have such percepts.  If you have
any suggestion or reference, please mail me.  Thank you!

Yours
Changquan Ye
--
Lab of Neural Plasticity