Does noise mask exist in rat primary auditory cortex?

Dear all,

I am a ph.D student with electrophysiology backgroud, and want to test
some psychoacoustic phenomena in primary auditory cortex of rats.
When a noise was inserted into the middle of a tone, human or
non-human primates still percept as a complete tone.  I am wondering
whether anyone performed such experiments in rats testing with
single-unit recording, or rats do not have such percepts.  If you have
any suggestion or reference, please mail me.  Thank you!

Changquan Ye
Lab of Neural Plasticity
Institute of Neuroscience
320 Yueyang Road, 200031