Re: Mouth directivity (was head directivity)

Zoltan,

I guess you're trying to refer to 'mouth directivity'.

When you mention "head directivity" instead, most people would consider the
head as a probe (in the sense that a microphone is), and not a sound source.
The confusion is all about the wording I suppose. ;)

Having understood the question now, unfortunately there's not a great many
number of articles (at least that I know) on mouth directivity. So it may be
a bit hard for you to find detailed information. The only example that I
came across is Jyri Huopaniemi's PhD thesis which you can get from:

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/publications/files/theses/huopaniemi_dt.pdf

Please also see the following thread from the AUDITORY archives as this
question was brought forward a while ago in the list:

http://www.auditory.org/mhonarc/2005/msg00429.html

It is possible to carry out the measurements yourself using the HEAD
Acoustics Head-Torso-Mouth simulator, but I doubt that the data that you can
obtain from there would resemble the actual directivity of the mouth as the
simulator has a rather simple mouth model.

Best,

Huseyin

Dr Huseyin Hacihabiboglu
Research Fellow