Headphones for virtual acoustics

Dear list,

We are looking for headphones to present virtual sound sources by filtering stimuli with HRTFs. They should have 1) a flat frequency response up to about 18kHz and b) high reproducibility of sound intensity - particularly at high frequencies - when putting the headpnones off and on again.

We currently use the Sennheiser HDA200, which appear to fulfill the second requirement but not the first one.

Can anyone recommend a device fulfilling both requirements?

br,
Bernhard Laback
--
Bernhard Laback, Ph.D.