[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Question about In-Ear Microphones

You can do very well using the Knowles FG capsules.  These are hearing
aid capsules that measure 2.5mm X 2.5mm and the FG-3329 and FG-3629
types have a frequency response that is quite flat and very low noise
for the size.  They can be purchased in the US from Digikey
for US$25.25 in single quantity.  For me, in the US, the Sennheiser
capsules are essentially impossible to obtain.  For you, in the UK, it
may be different.  If I can help out, please feel free to contact me

I wonder if anyone has a web page which details the difficulties and the
actual how-to-do-it parts of HRTF measurement?

Eric Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Ostermayer
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:37 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about In-Ear Microphones

Dear List,

I need to purchase a pair of in-ear microphones for doing HRTF
measurements. I found a couple of threads suggesting the Sennheiser KE 4
to be a suited mic to do the job but the threads were from 1995. So I
was wondering if anybody knew of other (better? cheaper?) alternatives
available nowadays. I also would be thankful for any hint where I can
buy any of them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martin Ostermayer

Martin Ostermayer
RA, School of Psychology
University of Reading
Reading, RG6 6AL, UK

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.