music mood

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post to this list, I hope this issue hasn't been spoken about in the past, although it didn't show up in a search of the archives.
My name is Luis Diez, I am a doctoral student in the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain) in the economics department.
I am looking for models or software to analyze music and somehow 'calculate' a measure of its' mood (maybe following Thayer's model?).
Would anybody happen to know whether this exists?
Thanks in advance,