configuration for real time sound analysis

Dear list,

I would like to perfom my own real time sound analysis on a pc note book computer with a very good signal quality comming from Type I or II microphone.

Does anybody ever tried any hardware system like this? I guess i have to use USB or PCMCIA port.

What would you recommend as configuration and materials?

(I have a 01db SOLO and Symphony sound meter level but unfortunatly I have to pass trought their own software analyser :(

Regards

Boris DEFREVILLE