Re: reference needed (ASR)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Christine Rankovic wrote:

> support this statement with data from poorly conducted speech recognition
> tests like, for example, those conducted with an inadequate number of speech
> items, or when mean scores comprise scores of too few listeners.

Sorry if I was misleading, but the question was about automatic
(machine) speech recognition. That's why I tried to warn you that it was off-topic.
I asked the question here because I know that some great ASR people are
lurking here. I apologize to all those others who are interested only in
human speech perception.

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *