harmonic vs. inharmonic sounds (again one last time)

Sorry for my poor email etiquette.

Before moving on to a more central interest, I will extend this with an another idea.

I play the 200, 300, 400 etc collection and listen carefully.
I play the 100, 200, 300, 400 etc collection and listen carefully.

I turn off the stimulus and in my head I "re-listen" [*] to the two examples again.

My question: what would be a 'better' word to more accurately describe the [*] re-listen used above.

Am I now "thinking" the 'sounds'; thinking 'about' the sounds?

When someone speaks to me, I almost immediately replay what they are saying picking out the key aspects / features creating a hierarchy of dealing with ideas which are to be handled in a quasi-sequential fashion, although, as for example in here, presented in a non-closely sequential fashion, along with interruptions and elaborations.

Or is this what is partially meant by 'cognition'?

Best
Kevin