Re: AW: the seven wonders of hearing

At 3:41 PM +0000 10/21/07, reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Finally I can give a fairly short answer: Of your seven
wonders, I strongly prefer Nr. 7, active TW -- but only
if the active part of the TW is restricted to a short
x_b-region (typically 0.4 mm in gerbils, and not 4 mm
as I wrote 45 minutes ago!) on the basal slope of the
active peak.

All such models that I'm aware of show a significant active effect only within about a half-octave range, consistent with experimental data. No specific restriction is needed to get this behavior.

Dick