Job offer: Research Position at Sourcetone

(Apologies for any cross-postings)

Music Information Retrieval Researcher
Sourcetone, New York City, USA

Sourcetone, a New York City based music/health company, is seeking a candidate in this full-time position with extensive research  experience (at the doctoral level or equivalent) in music information retrieval and/or related fields.  Such a creative, energetic, and highly motivated individual will join a team of high-level seasoned experts backed by world-class research and development conducted at Harvard University Medical School and led by Sourcetone’s faculty. We offer the unique opportunity to grow with a new company.  The successful candidate will have skills that include:

- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques and their application to problems in computer audition.
- Extensive knowledge of various aspects of digital signal processing for audio applications.
- Solid programming skills in C++, Java, and Matlab.
- Solid oral and written communications skills in English.
- Musical knowledge.
- Ability to work as part of a team.

Sourcetone is focused on the advancement of research and product formation at the intersection of health, music information retrieval, and audio engineering. We use the talents and visions of our team to redefine the boundaries of musical possibility.

Salary and length of contract commensurate with qualifications.

For consideration email a cover letter highlighting your most relevant experience and a resume including a list of publications and contact information for at least two references.  Submitting links to a variety of relevant work samples is appreciated.  Only favorable reviews will be responded to.

Contact: Dr. Juan Pablo Bello or Dr. Robert Rowe
E-mail contacts: jpbello@xxxxxxx, robert.rowe@xxxxxxx

Juan Pablo Bello
Assistant Professor, Music Technology
New York University