From: icad-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:icad-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bruce Walker
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:15 PM
To: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception; icad@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Icad] Pointers to snoring sounds?

Auditory Community,

I am looking for any pointers to collections or archives of real-
world audio or video clips of snoring.

In fact, I will also be looking for all kinds of daily life sounds,
ranging from birds chirping to ambulances to dishwashers.

The sounds or video need to be good quality, real-world, and royalty-
free. I already have collections of sound effects and foley sounds;
for this project I will need more "real-world" audio, and more
variety. I am particularly interested in ecological audio, where the
snoring, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, fire engine, etc., is recorded
in its natural acoustic environment, complete with competing
environmental sounds. For example, snoring recorded in a bedroom at
night, or a fire engine siren recorded live on the street, with other
traffic noise, jackhammers, and so on.

I recall a project a few years ago to capture sounds of the
world...any pointers/updates on that?

Any help would be most appreciated!

--Bruce

Ramani Duraiswami
Associate Professor, Computer Science/UMIACS/ECE/AMSC
Director, Perceptual Interfaces and Reality Lab.
University of Maryland, College Park
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~ramani
ramani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(301)-405-6710