Re: Pointers to snoring sounds?

Dear Bruce,

We had a paper on a potentially related topic a couple of years ago (sorry
for self-promotion):

Shafiro, V. & Gygi, B. (2004). How to select stimuli for environmental
sound research and where to find them? Behavioral Research Methods,
Instruments, and Computers, 36 (4),590 - 598.

It lists some sources of environmental sounds we could find at the time.  I
can send you a copy if you are interested.

Since then Brian and I have been trying to compile a collection of
environmental sounds for research use and place them as part of this site
http://freesound.iua.upf.edu which also has many sound and scene recordings
(of variable quality) you may find useful.  Hopefully, at some point we
will have a large database of environmental sound and scene recordings
available for research use, similar to the ones available for speech and
music.  But that is still work in progress.

Also, I think Arlene Neuman at NYU Medical Center made a CD with recordings
of different auditory environments for hearing aid evaluation.

Best regards,

Valeriy

Valeriy Shafiro
Communication Disorders and Sciences