From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Massimo Grassi
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:10 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mp3 and the perceptual coding

Dear list members,

I would like to convince to my students that psychophysics can (seldom)
be useful. For this reason, I want to talk about mp3 and perceptual coding.

Is there a book/chapter/paper that you would particularly recommend
about it? There are many things out there, but so far I didn't like much
any of them. In particular, the characteristics of the perceptual coding
are always roughly described.

Any suggestion is more than welcome.
Thank you in advance,

ps for those in the northern hemisphere: enjoy the spring!