Re: [AUDITORY] Auditory Display/Exhibition software

Dear Brian,

I actually completely forgot to mention our PlugSonic application. It's a _javascript_ web-based app which allows you to create immersive soundscapes (binaural audio), and make them interactive, using only a browser. Here you can find more details about the project and the implementation:

And here there is a standalone implementation which you can try:

You can just upload MP3 files and put the around the listener, which you can then move using the arrows on the keyboard (or the mouse).
You can also modify the size of the room, and decide how to interact with the various sources: for example, you can decide that a source starts playing only when you enter a zone of a given size around it, or that its level changes depending on the distance, or else.

Once you've created your soundscape, you can export it in a json format (you can do it with or without the embedded audiofiles). This can be sent around to other people and re-imported in the platform, or you can also load it on our mobile app. The latter is an iOS app which uses Apple ARKit to allow the user to navigate the soundscape using both orientation and XY displacement (it needs an iPad Pro or one of the newest iPhones to run). The mobile app also implements binaural reverberation, which unfortunately is not yet available on the web-based version. We haven't released the mobile app yet but...if you are interested we will be happy to share it.

Best
Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali